Monday, September 8, 2008

most important photograph in my life

The most important photograph in my life is my mother's high school senior portrait. This is a photo that I've really grown up seeing; it was in family albums that I would go through and in the apartments of my mom's mother and sister. It wasn't prominently displayed, just one of many photographs of the family, but for some reason it always stood out to me. My mom looks absolutely stunning in the picture, though much to my disappointment she still contends that it's not a good picture. The wonderful thing about that picture is that she doesn't look different than she does in real life; she looks exactly the same. I have never seen a photo that has moved me as much as that one in reminding me of my mother and who she is. In short, I love the photo because in my mind, it truly capture's my mother's beauty.

No comments: